School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD - email supervisor to discuss availability.
Dr Richard Muhlack has a PhD in Chemical Engineering and two decades of wine sector experience in various industry and research roles across process analysis and simulation, cleaner production and energy efficiency, renewable energy technology, waste treatment and environmental management.
In January 2014 Dr Muhlack transitioned from industry-based R&D (with the Hardy Wine Company across 1999-2008 and then AWRI from 2008-2014) to the University of Adelaide and now holds an academic position within the School of Agriculture Food and Wine, where he is working to pursue research and technical development projects in the following areas:
* Mathematical modelling of fermentation, extraction, adsorption processes during food and wine production
* Industrial Process Simulation and Optimisation
* Process efficiency and techno-economics
* Design of food and beverage process equipment
* Instrumentation and process automation
* Energy and Water Efficiency
* Wastewater Treatment and Cleaner Production
Connect With Me