Dr Rajeev Kamineni
Associate Head Accreditation
Adelaide Business School
Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Economics
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD - email supervisor to discuss availability.
Passionate about Movies and Education, fortunate to work in both the industries. Proven leadership and senior management skills in higher education and movie industry. Dynamic, mature, self-starter with outstanding communication and people skills. Unique blend of international experience in Australia and India, with start up businesses, teaching, retail, education, theatre, media and entertainment experience. Teaching experience across several international markets including Australia, Dubai, India, Japan, Singapore and South Africa. Phd in movie entrepreneurship, demonstrated ability to provide high quality academic leadership through the support and mentoring of academic staff. Instrumental in launching a MBA program and redesigning another MBA. Networking and business development are major strengths with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills including cross-cultural communication abilities.
Date Position Institution name 2022 - ongoing Associate Head Accreditation University of Adelaide 2020 - 2022 Online Course Facilitator University of South Australia 2017 - 2019 Adjunct Lecturer University of Adelaide 2012 - 2016 Executive Director Picture House Media Ltd 2010 - 2019 Visiting Professor SP Jain Institute of Management 2010 - 2012 Chief Officer Kumaraguru College of Technology/Sakthi Institute of Information and Management Studies 2009 - 2009 Visiting Professor PSG Institute of Management 2006 - 2010 Director Kamineni Retail Enterprises Ltd 2005 - 2006 Head of International Business Program University of Western Sydney, Richmond 2003 - 2004 Lecturer University of Western Sydney, Richmond 1998 - 2002 Post Graduate Fellow/Associate Lecturer Bond University, Robina 1998 - 1999 Research Assistant Bond University, Robina 1996 - 1997 Area Sales Manager Madras Cements Ltd 1990 - 1994 Part Time Cashier and Sales Manager Walden Book Links Pvt Ltd
Language Competency English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Hindi Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Tamil Can speak and understand spoken Telugu Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
Date Institution name Country Title University of Adelaide Australia Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Bond University, Robina Australia Master of International Management (MIM) Bharathiar University, Coimbatore India Master of Business Administration (MBA) Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntūr India Master of Arts (MA) Osmania University, Hyderabad India Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Date Title Institution Country Graduate Certificate in University Teaching University of South Australia Australia
Date Title Institution name Country 2002 Fellow Academy of Marketing Science United States 2000 Fellow and Certified Practicing Marketer (FAMI CPM) Australian Marketing Institute Australia — Member (MAICD) Australian Institute of Company Directors Australia
Year Citation 2020 Kamineni, R., & Rentschler, R. (2020). Indian movie entrepreneurship: Not just song and dance. USA: Routledge.
Year Citation 2022 Kamineni, R. (2022). Failure to mentoring: A Movie entrepreneur narrates his journey. In S. B. Cases (Ed.), From Failure to Mentor A Movie Entrepreneur Narrates His Journey.
$10,000 grant from the Federal Government of Australia to organize a business plan competition within the university, 2001.
$5,000 grant from the Federal Government of Australia to organize the business plan competition for the second consecutive year, 2002.
- Coordinating and teaching Research for Decision Makers, Strategic Management and Managing across Cultures for MBA and undergraduate students at University of Adelaide
- Taught Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Creativity and Innovation, Entrepreneurial Strategy and Resourcing and Opportunity Assessment to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students at University of Adelaide’s Adelaide, Australia and Singapore campuses.
- Coordinated and taught Entrepreneurship for Social and Market Impact, Organisational Entrepreneurship, Career Development for Professionals and Strategic Management courses at University of South Australia's Adelaide and Hong Kong campuses
- Developed course content, coordinated and taught Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Promotional Design and Planning, International Marketing and Entrepreneurship for undergraduate students at Bond University, Australia
- Taught International Business Marketing for undergraduate students at Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Taught Business Planning for MBA students at Global School of Business’s Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Town, South Africa campuses.
- Taught Entrepreneurship and Business Planning for MBA students in the Kenichi Ohmae BBT offshore education Program, Japan.
- Developed course content, coordinated and taught Marketing Principles, Consumer Behaviour and International Business & Asian Environment units for the undergraduate students at University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Developed course content, coordinated and taught International Business Environment, Masters Project in International Business, International Marketing, Promotion and Advertising Overseas and Contemporary Issues in International Marketing for the postgraduate students at University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Developed course content and taught Strategic Marketing and Marketing Management courses for postgraduate students at Auston Institute of Management, Singapore (3 consecutive years).
- Taught Corporate Strategy course for final year MBA students at PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore, India.
- Developed course content and taught Consumer Behaviour for MBA students of SP Jain Global School of Management at Sydney, Dubai and Singapore
Current Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2023 Principal Supervisor Ethnic entrepreneurship among Indian immigrant diaspora in Australia, opportunity, or necessity? How can this choice be supported to build a self-capable cohort? Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Devendra Narendranath Kumaria 2021 Co-Supervisor Impact of natural disasters including health pandemics affecting sustained development of infrastructure projects putting economies on the brink: Identifying challenges and evolving strategies to prevent cost and schedule overruns. Master of Philosophy Master Part Time Mr Naresh Gupta
Date Topic Location Name 2017 - ongoing New Venture Start Up ThincLab University of Adelaide ThincLab Entrepreneurs
Date Role Board name Institution name Country 2020 - 2024 Board Member Board of Directors Rotary Club of Adelaide Australia 2017 - 2019 Chair University of Adelaide Theatre Guild University of Adelaide Australia 2012 - ongoing Board Member Board of Directors Coimbatore Arts and Theatrical Society India 2012 - ongoing Board Member Board of Trustees Small Differences India
Date Role Membership Country 2008 - ongoing Member Rotary International Australia 2000 - ongoing Member Australian Marketing Institute Australia
Date Role Editorial Board Name Institution Country 2017 - 2017 Member The Undergraduate Awards The Undergraduate Awards, Dublin Ireland
Connect With Me