Adelaide Business School
Faculty of the Professions
Proven leadership and management skills in senior roles in higher education and entertainment industry. Dynamic, mature, self-starter with outstanding communication and people skills. Australian citizen with 25 years of experience of which 10 years in senior management. Successfully established 2 start-ups including leading a media company. Rajeev has a unique blend of international experience, with teaching, film, sports, theatre, book selling and student recruitment experience across several international markets including Australia, India, South Africa, Japan, Singapore and Dubai
- My Research
- Grants and Funding
- Professional Activities
Not Just Song and Dance: Indian Film Industry’s Entrepreneurial Journey—hard cover, paperback and digital book to be published in August 2019 by Routledge, Taylor and Francis group, UK, Co-author: Prof Ruth Rentschler
Papers under review:
Phronesis and Enactive Research from the Film Industry: An Exploration of Entrepreneurship as Practice
Entrepreneurial Failure and its Aftermath in the Film Industry
Date Position Institution name 2017 - 2019 Adjunct Lecturer University of Adelaide 2012 - 2016 Executive Director Picture House Media Ltd 2010 - 2019 Visiting Professor SP Jain Institute of Management 2010 - 2012 Chief Officer Kumaraguru College of Technology/Sakthi Institute of Information and Management Studies 2009 - 2009 Visiting Professor PSG Institute of Management 2006 - 2010 Director Kamineni Retail Enterprises Ltd 2005 - 2006 Head of International Business Program University of Western Sydney, Richmond 2003 - 2004 Lecturer University of Western Sydney, Richmond 1998 - 2002 Post Graduate Fellow/Associate Lecturer Bond University, Robina 1998 - 1999 Research Assistant Bond University, Robina 1996 - 1997 Area Sales Manager Madras Cements Ltd 1990 - 1994 Part Time Cashier and Sales Manager Walden Book Links Pvt Ltd
Language Competency English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Hindi Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Tamil Can speak and understand spoken Telugu Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
Date Institution name Country Title 1997 - 1998 Bond University, Robina Australia Master of International Management 1994 - 1996 Bharathiar University, Coimbatore India Master of Business Administration 1992 - 1994 Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntūr India Master of Arts 1988 - 1991 Osmania University, Hyderabad India Bachelor of Arts
Date Title Institution name Country 2002 Fellow Academy of Marketing Science United States 2000 Fellow and Certified Practicing Marketer (FAMI CPM Australian Marketing Institute Australia
$10,000 grant from the Federal Government of Australia to organize a business plan competition within the university, 2001.
$5,000 grant from the Federal Government of Australia to organize the business plan competition for the second consecutive year, 2002.
- Teaching Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Creativity and Innovation, Entrepreneurial Strategy and Resourcing and Opportunity Assessment to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students at University of Adelaide’s Adelaide, Australia and Singapore campuses.
- Developed course content, coordinated and taught Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Promotional Design and Planning, International Marketing and Entrepreneurship for undergraduate students at Bond University, Australia
- Taught International Business Marketing for undergraduate students at Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Taught Business Planning for MBA students at Global School of Business’s Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Town, South Africa campuses.
- Taught Entrepreneurship and Business Planning for MBA students in the Kenichi Ohmae BBT offshore education Program, Japan.
- Developed course content, coordinated and taught Marketing Principles, Consumer Behaviour and International Business & Asian Environment units for the undergraduate students at University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Developed course content, coordinated and taught International Business Environment, Masters Project in International Business, International Marketing, Promotion and Advertising Overseas and Contemporary Issues in International Marketing for the postgraduate students at University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Developed course content and taught Strategic Marketing and Marketing Management courses for postgraduate students at Auston Institute of Management, Singapore (3 consecutive years).
- Taught Corporate Strategy course for final year MBA students at PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore, India.
- Developed course content and taught Consumer Behaviour for MBA students of SP Jain Global School of Management at Dubai and Singapore
Date Role Board name Institution name Country 2017 - 2019 Chair University of Adelaide Theatre Guild University of Adelaide Australia 2012 - ongoing Board Member Board of Directors Coimbatore Arts and Theatrical Society India 2012 - ongoing Board Member Board of Trustees Small Differences India
Date Role Membership Country 2008 - ongoing Member Rotary International Australia 2000 - ongoing Member Australian Marketing Institute Australia
Date Role Editorial Board Name Institution Country 2017 - 2017 Member The Undergraduate Awards The Undergraduate Awards, Dublin Ireland
Connect With Me