NHMRC Grant-Funded Researcher (A)
Adelaide Dental School
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD - email supervisor to discuss availability.
Dr Xiangqun Ju is an experienced maxillofacial surgeon, epidemiologist, and has valuable academic experience in general oral health epidemiology, knowledge of contemporary oral health, dental care and dental service issues. Her PhD research has involved epidemiological aspects of oral and general health among older Australians. As an epidemiologist and integral member of Australia Research Centre for Population Oral Health (ARCPOH), now she works in the University of Adelaide’s Indigenous Oral Health Unit as an Indigenous oral health researcher to investigate (1) the relationship between social economic status, nutrition, oral health literacy and dental diseases, and (2) the human papillomavirus (HPV) and Oropharyngeal Cancer among Indigenous Australians.
- Population Oral Health: 1) The association between the Periodontal disease and Chronic diseases among older population; 2) Indigenous oral health; 3) Socio-eonomic inequalities in oral health; 4) The effect of Oral Health Literacy intervention and oral health promotion; 5) Human papilloma virus (HPV) infection, and association with Oropharyngeal cancer.
- Oral epidemiology: 1) Models of oral disease causation; 2) Methods of analyses to determinant of oral health status in population.
- Dental workforce & services: 1) Oral health practioner workforce; 2) Dental services responsibility loading .
- Indigenous oral health project: 1) Oral Health Literacy intervention and children's dental caries experience; 2) Indigenous HPV and Oropharyngeal cancer study
- The South Australian Dental Longitudinal Study projects (SADLS I and II): Prevalence, incidence and progression of periodontitis among Australian older adults
- National Study of Adult Oral Health (NSAOH) projects: The association between the Periodontal disease and Chronic diseases among Australian adults
- Dental services project: Relative Value Unit Study
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences for Research Travel Award 2018, AUS $3,000
Early Career Researcher Mentored Project Development Program 2017, AUS $14,768
Health Science Postgraduate Travelling Fellowships for Research 2013, AUS $1,800.
Master of Dental Public Health
2019-2020, 1) Oral Health promotion, and 2) Prevention and control of oral disease - Caries
1990-2005, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shanxi Medical University, China.
Connect With Me