Senior Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
School of Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD, but is currently at capacity - email supervisor to discuss availability.
I'm a Senior Lecturer in Applied Mathematics at the University of Adelaide. I study how information moves over social networks using mathematical models, coupled with data science techniques. My research interests are in computational social science, human dynamics, online social networks, as well as data assimilation and the mathematics of weather and climate. Please consult my homepage for further information.
- Centre for Invasive Species Solutions: Understanding and intervening in illegal trade in non-native species (with Prof. Joshua Ross and A/Prof. Phill Cassey) ($665,000 over 3 years)
- Data to Decisions CRC Beat The News Project: Predicting common and novel disease outbreaks by assimilating open data into epidemiological models (with A/Prof. Joshua Ross and Prof. Nigel Bean) ($637,606 over 3 years)
- Data to Decisions CRC Beat The News Project: Predicting civil unrest and election outcomes using Bayesian network models (with Dr. Jonathan Tuke and Prof. Nigel Bean) ($661,261 over 3 years)
Courses I've taught
- APPMTH3001 Applied Probability III (2018--)
- MATHS2102 Differential Equations II (2015-17)
- MATHS2104 Numerical Methods II (2015-17)
- MBB Mathematics for Biostatistics (online) (2015)
- MATHS1011 Mathematics 1A (algebra) (2014)
Connect With Me