Higher Degree by Research Candidate
School of Architecture and Built Environment
Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Larissa Martins is a Brazilian PhD Candidate based in the School of Architecture & Built Environment, researching on the association between the built environment, thermal comfort and people's health and wellbeing.
- Environmental monitoring
- Human thermal comfort modelling
- Ageing and environmental comfort
- Machine Learning applications for personal comfort models
Date Position Institution name 2020 Research Assistant The University of Adelaide 2019 Tutor The University of Adelaide 2017 - 2018 Business and Technology Delivery Analyst Accenture 2017 - 2017 Financial Management Trainee Companhia City 2017 Communications Consultant França e Associados Projetos Estruturais 2015 - 2016 Engineering/Communications Intern França e Associados Projetos Estruturais 2014 - 2014 Tutor University of Sao Paulo 2013 - 2014 Engineering Intern Produtime Gestão e Tecnologia 2010 - 2010 Tutor University of Sao Paulo
Language Competency English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review French Can read, write, speak and understand spoken Portuguese Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Spanish - Latin American Can read, write, speak and understand spoken
Date Institution name Country Title 2016 - 2016 University of Mogi das Cruzes Brazil Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering 2013 - 2015 University of Sao Paulo Brazil Double Qualification Program in Civil Engineering 2009 - 2015 University of Sao Paulo Brazil Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and Urban Planning
Year Citation 2020 Arakawa Martins, B., Barrie, H., Visvanathan, R., Daniel, L., Arakawa Martins, L., Ranasinghe, D., . . . Soebarto, V. (2020). A Multidisciplinary Exploratory Approach for Investigating the Experience of Older Adults Attending Hospital Services. Health Environments Research and Design Journal.
Year Citation 2020 Arakawa Martins, L., Williamson, T., Bennetts, H., Zuo, J., Visvanathan, R., Hansen, A., . . . Soebarto, V. (2020). Individualising thermal comfort models for older people: the effects of personal characteristics on comfort and wellbeing. In S. Roaf, F. Nicol, & W. Finlayson (Eds.), Proceedings of the 11th Windsor Conference on Thermal Comfort: Resilient Comfort (pp. 187-199). online: Windsor. 2019 Soebarto, V., Williamson, T., Carre, A., & Arakawa Martins, L. (2019). Understanding indoor environmental conditions and occupant's responses in houses of older people. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering Vol. 609 (pp. 1-7). online: IOP.
2019 Arakawa Martins, L., Soebarto, V., & Williamson, T. (2019). Towards an understanding of comfort and wellbeing of older people using occupant centric models. In XV National Meeting of Comfort in the Constructed Environment (pp. 3175-3180). online: ANCAC. 2019 Arakawa Martins, L., Soebarto, V., Williamson, T., & Pisaniello, D. (2019). Developing occupant centric models to better understand the thermal comfort and wellbeing of older Australians. In Revisiting the Role of Architecture for 'Surviving’ Development. 53rd International Conference of the Architectural Science Association 2019, Dr. Avlokita Agrawal (ed.), pp. 1–10. © 2019 and published by the Architectural Science Association (ANZAScA). (pp. 1-11). online: ANZAScA.
- 2020-2021 AHURI Postgraduate Scholarship Top-up, Australian Housing Urban Research Institute, Australia
- 2020 Adelaide Graduate Center Research Travel Scholarship, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2019 School of Architecture and Built Environment HDR Support, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2018-2021 Faculty of Professions Divisional Scholarship, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2018 Jovenes Lideres Iberoamericanos Scholarship, Fundacion Carolina and Banco Santander, Spain
- 2014 SEAS/POLI-USP Collaborative Field Course Scholarship, David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University, USA
- 2012-2013 International Exchange Program Scholarship - Graduacao Sanduiche - Ciencias sem Fronteiras, Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development CNPq, Belgium
- 2010-2012 Undergraduate Student Research Scholarship - Iniciacao Cientifica, Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development CNPq, Brazil
- 2020 Tutor in ARCH 7041 - Advanced Architecture Technologies - School of Architecture and Built Environment, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2019-2020 Tutor in DESST 2517 - Environment II - School of Architecture and Built Environment, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2014 Tutor in PHD2412 - Urban Sanitation II (Saneamento II) - Polytechnic School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 2010 Tutor in PRO2315 - Ergonomics I (Ergonomia I) - Polytechnic School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Connect With Me