Higher Degree by Research Candidate
School of Architecture and Built Environment
Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Larissa Martins is a Brazilian PhD Candidate based in the School of Architecture & Built Environment, researching on the association between the built environment, thermal comfort and people's health and wellbeing.
- Environmental monitoring
- Human thermal comfort modelling
Ageing and environmental comfort
Date Position Institution name 2019 - 2019 Tutor The University of Adelaide 2017 - 2018 Business and Technology Delivery Analyst Accenture 2017 - 2017 Financial Management Trainee Companhia City 2017 Communications Consultant França e Associados Projetos Estruturais 2015 - 2016 Engineering/Communications Intern França e Associados Projetos Estruturais 2014 - 2014 Tutor University of Sao Paulo 2013 - 2014 Engineering Intern Produtime Gestão e Tecnologia 2010 - 2010 Tutor University of Sao Paulo
Language Competency English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review French Can read, write, speak and understand spoken Portuguese Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Spanish - Latin American Can read, write, speak and understand spoken
Date Institution name Country Title 2016 - 2016 University of Mogi das Cruzes Brazil Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering 2013 - 2015 University of Sao Paulo Brazil Double Qualification Program in Civil Engineering 2009 - 2015 University of Sao Paulo Brazil Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and Urban Planning
Year Citation 2019 Soebarto, V., Williamson, T., Carre, A., & Arakawa Martins, L. (2019). Understanding indoor environmental conditions and occupant's responses in houses of older people. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering Vol. 609.
Year Citation 2019 Arakawa Martins, L., Soebarto, V., & Williamson, T. (2019). Towards an understanding of comfort and wellbeing of older people using occupant centric models. Poster session presented at the meeting of XV Encontro Nacional de Conforto no Ambiente Construído. Joao Pessoa, Brazil.
- 2018-2021 Faculty of the Professions Divisional Scholarship, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2018 Jovenes Lideres Iberoamericanos Scholarship, Fundacion Carolina and Banco Santander, Spain
- 2014 SEAS/POLI-USP Collaborative Field Course Scholarship, David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University, USA
- 2012-2013 International Exchange Program Scholarship - Graduacao Sanduiche - Ciencias sem Fronteiras, Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development CNPq, Belgium
- 2010-2012 Undergraduate Student Research Scholarship - Iniciacao Cientifica, Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development CNPq, Brazil
- 2019 Tutor in DESST 2517 - Environment II - School of Architecture and Built Environment, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2014 Tutor in PHD2412 - Urban Sanitation II (Saneamento II) - Polytechnic School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 2010 Tutor in PRO2315 - Ergonomics I (Ergonomia I) - School of Design, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Connect With Me