MBA Online Program Coordinator
Adelaide Business School
Faculty of the Professions
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD - email supervisor to discuss availability.
Dr Graciela Corral de Zubielqui is the Associate Head Research of the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre. She holds a Bachelor of Economics (Honours), Master in Economics and Business Administration, and a PhD in Business and Management. Her main research interests are in innovation, knowledge transfer for innovation purpose, and innovative collaboration activities in small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and in turn the impact of these activities on regional economic development. She has extensive experience in quantitative research methods, and much of her recent research has been based on the analysis of multiple innovation surveys based upon the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Oslo Manual.
From 2008 to the present, she has held diverse appointments as a lecturer in the Business School, Adelaide University, and the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, The University of Adelaide. From 2001 to mid-2004, she held positions at The National University of Rosario, Argentina and as a researcher at Economic Science Council and College of Graduates in Economic Science. From 1992 to 2001, Graciela worked in diverse roles in private sector companies and as a consultant. Graciela has also been involved in projects which linked government departments, industry and university. Currently she is involved in projects on open innovation, appropriability methods, absorptive capacity for innovation purpose, types of knowledge transfer for innovation activities (traditional and digital) and the role of modern HRM practices, and their effect on financial and non-financial measures of performance. These research projects have led to publications in high impact journals including Small Business Economics, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Entrepreneurship Research Journal and International Journal of Innovation Management.
- My Research
- Grants and Funding
- Professional Activities
Graciela’s research interests include innovation activities, knowledge transfer for innovation purpose, and collaboration activities in SMEs, open innovation and in turn the impact of these activities on regional economic development.
Date Position Institution name 2015 - 2016 Program Director Project Management (PG) University of Adelaide 2015 Senior Lecturer University of Adelaide 2012 Associate Head Research (ECIC) University of Adelaide 2012 - 2014 PhD Director (ECIC) University of Adelaide 2011 - 2015 Lecturer (ECIC) University of Adelaide 2010 - 2011 Lecturer (Business School) University of Adelaide
Awards and Achievements
Date Type Title Institution Name Country Amount 2020 Teaching Award Faculty Learning and Teaching Award (MBA program design) Faculty of Professions Australia — 2016 Recognition Research Dean's Commendation 2016 The University of Adelaide Australia — 2015 Award Executive Dean's Research Award 2014 Faculty of Professions - University of Adelaide Australia 2000 2015 Award Executive Dean's Research Award 2015 — — — 2014 Fellowship Barbara Kidman Women’s Fellowship University of Adelaide Australia —
Language Competency Spanish; Castilian Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
Date Institution name Country Title 2009 Dissertation: “Innovation, globalisation and performance in SMEs” Australia PhD in Business and Management 2001 ESEADE, School of Economics & Business Administration, Argentina (Escuela Superior de Economia y Administracion de Empresas) Argentina M.A. in Studies in Economics and Business Administration (2 years) 1996 National University of Rosario Argentina Economics – (Assessed as equivalent to B.A. Honors in Economics)
Date Title Institution Country 2015 - 2015 Statistical Methods Course Harvard University United States
Date Title Institution name Country 2012 Project Management Professional Project Management Institute United States
Report for External Bodies
Year Citation 2009 Corral de Zubielqui, G. B., & Cor. (2009). Innovation, Globalisation and Performance in SMEs. (PhD Thesis).
- Local Government Association (2020/21) - Modelling business clusters' readiness and resilience in managing and responding to Covid-19. Corral de Zubielqui, G.
- SA Water Corporation (2018) - Innovator in Residence Program - Open Innovation. Corral de Zubielqui, G.
- Local Government Association (2018) - LGA Metro Council Snapshot. Corral de Zubielqui, G, Falkner, Nickolas, & Jerram, Cate.
- Department of State Development (2017) - Northern Adelaide Innovation Ecosystem Analysis Department of State Development. Reaiche, C, Corral de Zubielqui, G & Dodd T.
- Department of State Development (2015) - Australian Cluster Observatory. O’Connor, A. & Corral de Zubielqui, G.
- Department of Manufacturing, Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy (2012/13) - Report preparation and delivery for , on ‘Entrepreneurial Characteristics Filters and Determinants’. O’Connor, A., Corral de Zubielqui, G. Li, H. & Dissanayake, M.
- Women’s Fellowship Scheme (2014) - Corral de Zubielqui, G.
- Department of Trade Economic Development, Marion, Onkaparringa, Salisbury and Playford (2006/09) - Innovation, Collaboration, Globalisation and Firm performance. Corral de Zubielqui, G. & Blandy, R.
Program Management, Master of International Business and MBA Experience
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management (UoA)
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management (UoA)
- Master of Applied Project Management (UoA)
- Master of Applied Project Management (Systems) (UoA)
- Master of Business Administrations (UoA)
- Master of International Business (UoA)
Course Teaching (Courses are Postgraduate studies unless otherwise indicated):
- Applied Project Management 1
- Enterprise Transformation
- Project Management Project (all versions)
- Managing Innovation
- Economics for Management (MBA)
- Theory and Practice of International Business (MIB)
Current Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2019 Co-Supervisor An Investigation into Project Performance Towards Organisational Maturity and Improvement: Precast Concrete Manufacturing Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Part Time Mr Sean Thomas O'Gorman 2019 Principal Supervisor Start-ups: Impact of external knowledge on innovation and performance Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Peter Guckenbiehl
Past Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2012 - 2015 Co-Supervisor Using Stakeholder Theory to Explain the Development and Operation of Safety Culture and Systems to Improve Safety Performance in the Construction Industry in Saudi Arabia Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Torky Mohamadali Althaqafi 2012 - 2016 Co-Supervisor Project Management Performance in Saudi Arabia: An Exploratory Study in the Constructs that most Influence Project Success Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Salem Mohammed S Shuaib 2012 - 2015 Co-Supervisor Developing a Project Management Maturity Model to Initiate Sustainable Project Performance and Modernisation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Sami Salem A Alzahrani
Date Role Committee Institution Country 2019 - 2021 Member University Online Reference Group - Pearson The University of Adelaide Australia 2015 - ongoing Member Faculty Research Committee University of Adelaide Australia
Date Role Membership Country 2019 - ongoing Member Stratecgic Management Society United States 2012 - ongoing Member Project Management Institute (2252754) United States
Connect With Me