School of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD (as Co-Supervisor) - email supervisor to discuss availability.
David is a Senior Lecturer in “Engineering Systems and Mechanical Design”. He has a background in mechatronics and robotics, with deep industrial experience in systems, particularly early-stage systems engineering for significant socio-technical systems. His research interests include mobile robotics to further human endeavour in science and agriculture, as well as engineering practice in digital engineering and early-stage design.
- Biologically inspired
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
- Disaster response
- Digital engineering methods (including Model-Based Systems Engineering, digital prototyping and digital twin)
- Concurrent engineering
- Interdisciplinary systems research - Establishing a "Systems Research and Teaching Community of Practice" with academics from across the university
- Introduction to Engineering (ENG 1001)
- Engineering Systems Design and Professional Practice (MECH ENG 3027)
Masters by coursework
- Systems Engineering 1 (MECH ENG 7056)
Connect With Me