Dr Rakesh David
- Crop Transport information, Physiology and Signalling database (CropTiPS) http://www.croptips.org: Development of a biological database of proteins involved in membrane transport from four important agronomic crop species: rice, wheat, barley and maize. The project is based in the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology (CoE PEB) in collaboration with the University of Adelaide Library and the Australian National Data Service (ANDS). The aim of the project is provide a comprehensive knowledgebase of crop transport proteins to the international plant research community through an online portal that will be hosted on the University of Adelaide web server.
- Epitranscriptome modifications: Molecular functions of post-transcriptional RNA modifications, specifically 5-methylcytosine (m5C), in regulating gene expression and responses to the environment.
- Systemic RNA signalling: Investigate the role of mobile RNA transcripts that are transported between plant tissues in response to stress using grafting techniques in combination with high-throughput RNA sequencing.
|2016||Postdoctoral Research Fellow||University of Adelaide, Adelaide|
|2013 - 2015||Postdoctoral Research Fellow||University of Adelaide, Adelaide|
|2012 - 2013||Postdoctoral Research Fellow||The Australian National University|
|Masters of Biotechnology||The University of Queensland||Australia|
|PhD||The Australian National University||Australia|
|2018||Wang, D., Gu, J., David, R., Wang, Z., Yang, S., Searle, I. ... Timmis, J. (2018). Experimental reconstruction of double-stranded break repair-mediated plastid DNA insertion into the tobacco nucleus. The Plant journal : for cell and molecular biology, 93, 2, 227-234.
|2017||David, R., Burgess, A., Parker, B., Li, J., Pulsford, K., Sibbritt, T. ... Searle, I. (2017). Transcriptome-wide Mapping of RNA 5-Methylcytosine in Arabidopsis mRNAs and non-coding RNAs. The Plant cell, 29, 3, 16.00751-1-16.0075-30.
|2016||Burgess, A., David, R. & Searle, I. (2016). Deciphering the epitranscriptome: a green perspective. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, 58, 10, 822-835.
|2015||Burgess, A., David, R. & Searle, I. (2015). Conservation of tRNA and rRNA 5-methylcytosine in the kingdom Plantae. BMC Plant Biology, 15, 1, 199-1-199-17.
|2007||Keys, J. R., Tallack, M. R., Hodge, D. J., Cridland, S. O., David, R. & Perkins, A. C. (2007). Genomic organisation and regulation of murine alpha haemoglobin stabilising protein by erythroid Kruppel-like factor. British Journal of Haematology, 136, 1, 150-157.
|2017||Burgess, A., David, R., Sibbritt, T., Jones, A., Preiss, T., Searle, I. R. & David, R. (2017). RNA 5-methylcytosine is required for oxidative stress tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. COMBIO.|
|2015||David, R., Lim, H. M. & Searle, I. R. (2015). Identification of pla/ubp14, an Arabidopsis mutant that displays lengthened plastochron and larger organs. Annual Genetics Society of Australasia conference.|
|David, R. (). CropTiPS database information poster presented at ComBio2017 (Adelaide).
|David, R., Hooper, C. M., Castleden, I. R., Gilliham, M. & Tyerman, S.; (); CropTiPS database (Crop Transport information, Physiology and Signalling) - www.croptips.org;|
|Sai, N., Rodriguez Lopez, C. M., Bogias, K., Pederson, S., Burgess, A., Breen, J. ... David, R.; (); Bioinformatic pipeline to detect di-cistronic RNA transcripts from RNA-sequencing data;|
- Design and implementation of practical component for GENETICS3211 – Plant Transgene Expression and RNA Modifications (Undergraduate, Year 3, University of Adelaide, 2015)
- Practical demonstrating experience: BOTN3006 - Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (Undergraduate, Year 3 – University of Queensland, 2004), BIOT7011 - DNA and Protein Technology (Postgraduate, University of Queensland, 2005), BIOC7009 – Emerging Biotechnologies II (Postgraduate, University of Queensland, 2005)
Registered Higher Degree Research supervisor, University of Adelaide. Supervision details:
- Co-supervised PhD student (School of Biological Sciences, UA) and Masters of Biotechnology student (School of Agriculture, Food and Wine) to completion.
- Currently co-supervise two higher degree research students (PhD and Honours) at the School of Biological Sciences and School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, UA.
|2015 - ongoing||Member||Epigenetics Consortium of South Australia||Australia|
|2010 - ongoing||Member||Australian Society of Plant Scientists||Australia|
Plant Research Centre
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine