School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
Faculty of Sciences
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD - email supervisor to discuss availability.
- My Research
- Grants and Funding
- Professional Activities
- Crop Transport information, Physiology and Signalling database (CropTiPS) http://www.croptips.org: Development of a biological database of proteins involved in membrane transport from four important agronomic crop species: rice, wheat, barley and maize. The project is based in the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology (CoE PEB) in collaboration with the University of Adelaide Library and the Australian National Data Service (ANDS). The aim of the project is provide a comprehensive knowledgebase of crop transport proteins to the international plant research community through an online portal that will be hosted on the University of Adelaide web server.
- Epitranscriptome modifications: Molecular functions of post-transcriptional RNA modifications, specifically 5-methylcytosine (m5C), in regulating gene expression and responses to the environment.
- Systemic RNA signalling: Investigate the role of mobile RNA transcripts that are transported between plant tissues in response to stress using grafting techniques in combination with high-throughput RNA sequencing.
Date Position Institution name 2016 Postdoctoral Research Fellow University of Adelaide, Adelaide 2013 - 2015 Postdoctoral Research Fellow University of Adelaide, Adelaide 2012 - 2013 Postdoctoral Research Fellow The Australian National University
Date Title Institution Country — PhD The Australian National University Australia — Masters of Biotechnology The University of Queensland Australia
Year Citation 2018 Li, J., Wu, X., Do, T., Nguyen, V., Zhao, J., QinNg, P., . . . Searle, I. R. (2018). Quantitative and single nucleotide resolution profiling of RNA 5-methylcytosine.. In R. Gupta, & N. Wajapeyee (Eds.), Epitranscriptomics: Methods and Protocols.
Year Citation 2017 Burgess, A., David, R., Sibbritt, T., Jones, A., Preiss, T., Searle, I. R., & David, R. (2017). RNA 5-methylcytosine is required for oxidative stress tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Poster session presented at the meeting of COMBIO. 2015 David, R., Lim, H. M., & Searle, I. R. (2015). Identification of pla/ubp14, an Arabidopsis mutant that displays lengthened plastochron and larger organs. Poster session presented at the meeting of Annual Genetics Society of Australasia conference. — David, R. (n.d.). CropTiPS database information poster presented at ComBio2017 (Adelaide). Poster session presented at the meeting of Unknown Conference.
Year Citation — Adelaide, T. U. O., David, R., Tyerman, S., Gilliham, M., Hooper, C., & Castleden, I. (n.d.). Knowledgebase of Crop Transport information, Physiology and Signalling (CropTiPS) version 1.0.
Year Citation — Sai, N., Rodriguez Lopez, C. M., Bogias, K., Pederson, S., Burgess, A., Breen, J., . . . David, R. (n.d.). DiRT: Dicistronic RNA Transcripts - A bioinformatic pipeline to detect di-cistronic tRNA-mRNA transcripts from short-read RNA-sequencing data [Computer Software]. — David, R., Hooper, C. M., Castleden, I. R., Gilliham, M., & Tyerman, S. (n.d.). CropTiPS database (Crop Transport information, Physiology and Signalling) - www.croptips.org [Computer Software].
Interdisciplinary Research Funding Scheme - University of Adelaide (2018)
- Design and implementation of practical component for GENETICS3211 – Plant Transgene Expression and RNA Modifications (Undergraduate, Year 3, University of Adelaide, 2015)
- Practical demonstrating experience: BOTN3006 - Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (Undergraduate, Year 3 – University of Queensland, 2004), BIOT7011 - DNA and Protein Technology (Postgraduate, University of Queensland, 2005), BIOC7009 – Emerging Biotechnologies II (Postgraduate, University of Queensland, 2005)
- Guest Lecture (2018, 2019): Research Skills for Applied Biology II (APP BIOL 2500WT)
Current Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2018 Co-Supervisor Decoding The Unique Terroir of Australian Wines Using Multi-Omics Approach Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Pastor Jullian Fabres
Past Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2015 - 2018 Co-Supervisor Identification and Functional Characterization of Long Noncoding RNAs Involved in Endosperm Development of Arabidopsis thaliana Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Quang Trung Do 2014 - 2016 Co-Supervisor Conservation and Function of RNA 5-methylcytosine in Plants Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Miss Alice Louise Burgess
Other Supervision Activities
Date Role Research Topic Location Program Supervision Type Student Load Student Name 2018 - 2018 Principal Supervisor tRNA:mRNA dicistronic transcripts are a conserved feature in flowering plants transcriptomes The University of Adelaide, School of Agriculture, Food & Wine Master of Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology) Master Full Time Fei Zheng
Connect With Me