Adelaide Medical School
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
I am a vascular biologist passionate about 1) studying the pathobiology of blood vessels and 2) stem cell-based therapeutic approaches for tissue vascualrization.
I am a vascular biologist, passionate about studying the pathobiology and pathophysiology of blood vessels, and using stem cells for tissue vascularization. I received my M.Sc degree in Molecular Medicine from University of East Anglia, United Kingdom, in 2012; and completed my PhD in Medical Science at University of South Australia (UniSA) in 2017. Then, I was appointed as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at UniSA for more than two years where I continued my PhD studies about bone marrow microvascular damage and recovery following methotrexate chemotherapy.
I am now a National Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Adelaide (based at South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI)), contributing with different projects including:
1. The role of adventitial stem cells in stable and unstable atherosclerosis.
2. Identification and characterization of haemangioblasts in adult human vasculature.
3. Defining the role of skin haemangioblasts in wound healing.
4. Adipose tissue-derived bio scaffolds for wound healing.
5. Studying the anti-cancer properties of plant-derived flavonoids in inhibition of osteosarcoma progression.
6. The role of osteoblasts-derived angiogenic factors in recovery of bone and bone marrow microvasculature defects following methotrexate chemotherapy.
7. microRNAs in regulation of methotrexate chemotherapy-induced bone marrow adiposity.
Date Position Institution name 2020 National Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellow University of Adelaide 2018 - 2018 Postdoctoral Research Associate University of South Australia 2017 - 2019 Postdoctoral Research Associate University of South Australia 2017 - 2018 Research Officer University of Adelaide
Date Institution name Country Title 2013 - 2017 University of South Australia Australia PhD 2011 - 2012 University of East Anglia United Kingdom M.Sc
- CIA-Australia Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship ($151,200).
- ANZORS (Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society) Travel Grant ($230).
- Webster Jee Travel Awardee, 9th International Conference on Osteoporosis and Bone Research 2018 (ICOBR2018). 2018. Suzhou, China.
- Beat Cancer Project Travel Grant ($1,125).
- Higher Degree by Research Travel Grant ($ 2000).
- Best Paper Recognition Award: 2016 International Combined Meeting of Orthopaedic Research Society. Xi’An China, 2016 ($135).
- University President’s Scholarship, University of South Australia ($87,500).
- School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Scholarship, University of South Australia ($104,450).
- University of East Anglia Faculty of Science International Scholarship Fund Award ($2,700).
Connect With Me