Adelaide Medical School
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
I am a vascular biologist passionate about 1) studying the pathobiology of blood vessels and 2) stem cell-based therapeutic approaches for tissue vascualrization.
I am a vascular biologist, passionate about studying the pathobiology and pathophysiology of blood vessels, and using stem cells for tissue vascularization. I received my M.Sc degree in Molecular Medicine from University of East Anglia, United Kingdom, in 2012; and completed my PhD in Medical Science at University of South Australia (UniSA) in 2017. Then, I was appointed as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at UniSA for more than two years where I continued my PhD studies about bone marrow microvascular damage and recovery following methotrexate chemotherapy.
I am now a National Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Adelaide (based at South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI)), contributing with different projects including:
1. The role of adventitial stem cells in stable and unstable atherosclerosis.
2. Identification and characterization of haemangioblasts in adult human vasculature.
3. Adipose tissue-derived bio scaffolds for wound healing.
4. Studying the anti-cancer properties of plant-derived flavonoids in inhibition of osteosarcoma progression.
6. The role of osteoblasts-derived angiogenic factors in methotrexate chemotherapy-induced bone and bone marrow microvasculature defects.
7. microRNAs in regulation of methotrexate chemotherapy-induced bone marrow adiposity.
Date Position Institution name 2020 National Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellow University of Adelaide 2018 - 2018 Postdoctoral Research Associate University of South Australia 2017 - 2019 Postdoctoral Research Associate University of South Australia 2017 - 2018 Research Officer University of Adelaide
Date Institution name Country Title 2013 - 2017 University of South Australia Australia PhD 2011 - 2012 University of East Anglia United Kingdom M.Sc
- CIA-Australia Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship ($151,200).
- ANZORS (Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society) Travel Grant ($230).
- Webster Jee Travel Awardee, 9th International Conference on Osteoporosis and Bone Research 2018 (ICOBR2018). 2018. Suzhou, China.
- Beat Cancer Project Travel Grant ($1,125).
- Higher Degree by Research Travel Grant ($ 2000).
- Best Paper Recognition Award: 2016 International Combined Meeting of Orthopaedic Research Society. Xi’An China, 2016 ($135).
- University President’s Scholarship, University of South Australia ($87,500).
- School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Scholarship, University of South Australia ($104,450).
- University of East Anglia Faculty of Science International Scholarship Fund Award ($2,700).
Connect With Me