Higher Degree by Research Candidate
Adelaide Dental School
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Dr Mehrsa Zakershahrak graduated in 2014 with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) degree (Professional Doctorate) in Dentistry.
Mehrsa is currently a PhD candidate and researcher under the supervision of Prof. David Brennan and Dr Dandara Haag at the University of Adelaide, Dental school, ARCPOH.
Her research mainly focuses on the psychosocial and socioeconomic determinants of health and oral health outcomes.
- Oral health
- Public oral health
- Patient-reported outcome measures
- Psychosocial and socio-economic factors interactions with oral and dental health and health outcomes
- Dental and oral health promotion interventions (community-based and evidence-based)
- Preventive Dental Care and Dentistry
- Head and neck cancers, oral cancers, treatments and patient managements
- Cancer cell biology, Integrins in head and neck cancers
- Low-level laser therapy in dentistry
- Postoperative pain and swelling management
- Endodontic treatment
- Autogenous tooth transplantation
- HIV /AIDS (stigma and discrimination)
Awards and Achievements
Date Type Title Institution Name Country Amount 2019 Scholarship Adelaide scholarships international Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health (ARCPOH), Adelaide Dental School, University of Adelaide Australia —
Language Competency English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Persian Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
Date Title Institution Country 2019 PhD in Dentistry University of Adelaide Australia
Year Citation 2017 Moshari, A., Vatanpour, M., Esna Ashari, E., Zakershahrak, M., & Ara, A. (2017). Nonsurgical management of an extensive endodontic periapical lesion: A case report. Iranian Endodontic Journal, 12(1), 116-119.
DOI Scopus1 Europe PMC1
2017 Zakershahrak, M., Moshari, A., Vatanpour, M., Khalilak, Z., & Jalali Ara, A. (2017). Autogenous transplantation for replacing a hopeless tooth. Iranian Endodontic Journal, 12(1), 124-127.
Year Citation 2016 Moshari, A., Vatanpour, M., & Zakershahrak, M. (2016). The efficacy of low-level laser treatment in reducing pain and swelling after endodontic surgery: A systematic review. In D. Todea, A. Podoleanu, & V. Duma (Eds.), Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging - Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 9670 (pp. 4 pages). Bucharest, ROMANIA: SPIE-INT SOC OPTICAL ENGINEERING.
2015 Zakershahrak, M., & Zakershahrak, M. (2015). HIV/AIDS-Related Stigma and Discrimination among Dentists. In HN10101120071. Shiraz, Iran.
Connect With Me