Lecturer in Pure Mathematics
School of Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Dr Hang Wang is a researcher in pure mathematics.
I am a researcher in pure mathematics, in the areas of operator algebra, differential geometry and topology. My recent research interests are index theory of elliptic operators, noncommutative geometry and representation theory.
Date Position Institution name 2016 - 2019 ARC DECRA Fellow (level B) University of Adelaide 2013 - 2016 Lecturer University of Adelaide 2011 - 2013 Postdoc Tsinghua University, Beijing
Awards and Achievements
Date Type Title Institution Name Country Amount 2016 Research Award Discovery Early Career Researcher Award — — —
Date Institution name Country Title 2006 - 2011 Vanderbilt University, Nashville United States PhD 2002 - 2006 Fudan University China BS
- 2016 Simons Junior Professorship for 1 month, Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland.
- 2016-2018: Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (Project: Index theory for spaces with symmetries) funded by Australian Research Council.
- 2016-2017: DVCR Research Support funded by University of Adelaide.
- 2016: Research Professional Development Grant Scheme from Faculty of ECMS at Adelaide.
- 2015: Cheryl E. Praeger Travel Award, funded by Australian Mathematical Society Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group.
- 2014-2015: Overseas Conference Leave Scheme, Faculty of ECMS, Adelaide.
- 2013: New Academic Staff Startup Grant from School of Mathematical Sciences, Adelaide.
University of Adelaide
- Instructor, Mathematics for Information Technology (level 1) (Semester 2, 2015);
- Instructor, Functional Analysis (honours) (Semester 2, 2014);
- Instructor, Algebra (level 2) (Semester 1, 2014 & 2015 & 2016);
- Instructor, Functional Analysis and Distributions (honours) (Semester 2, 2013).
- Instructor, Accelerated Calculus I (Math 155A, Fall 2010).
- Instructor, Calculus (Math 150A Fall 2009, 150B Spring 2010).
Past Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2016 - 2018 Co-Supervisor Positive Scalar Curvature and Callias-Type Index Theorems for Proper Actions Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Hao Guo
Connect With Me