Higher Degree by Research Candidate
Adelaide Business School
Faculty of the Professions
Mr. Wali Ullah is a Doctoral researcher in Finance and Banking at the University of Adelaide. He holds an MSc in International Finance (First Class Distinction) from University of Westminster, UK and BBA in Finance (Summa Cum Laude, Chancellor's Gold Medalist) from East West University, Bangladesh. Prior to undertaking his doctoral studies, Mr. Wali Ullah worked as a Lecturer of Finance at the School of Business, Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB) for four and a half years. He has published several journal articles, one book chapter and had his work presented in academic conferences in places i.e. Harvard University, USA, Malaysia, Indonesia, Greece and Turkey. He is currently working on his PhD in Corporate Finance under the supervision of Professor Alfred Yawson and Dr. Jane Luo.
Research Interest: Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Islamic Finance, Banking
Date Position Institution name 2014 - 2018 Lecturer Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB)
Language Competency Bengali Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
Date Institution name Country Title 2018 - 2021 University of Adelaide Australia PhD Finance and Banking 2012 - 2013 University of Westminster United Kingdom MSc International Finance 2008 - 2011 East West University Bangladesh BBA Finance
Year Citation 2017 Ullah, G. M. W., Islam, A., Alam, M. S., & Khan, M. K. (2017). Effect of macroeconomic variables on stock market performance of SAARC countries. Asian Economic and Financial Review, 7(8), 770-779.
2017 Ahmed, S. U., Sultana, E., Mahtab, H., Islam, M. Z., Hasan, I., Ullah, G. W., & Ahmed, S. P. (2017). Does it Pay to be Socially Responsible? Comparative Evidence from a Developing Country. Global Business Review, 18(5), 1134-1154.
2017 Wali Ullah, G., Ahmed, S. U., Ahmed, S. P., & Jamshed, K. M. (2017). Do Multinational Companies Practice Good Corporate Governance? Empirical Evidence from Bangladesh. International Journal of Accounting and Financial Reporting, 7(2), 96.
2015 Ahmed, S., Ahmed, S., & Wali Ullah, G. (2015). Assimilation vs. integration: Dimensions and dynamics of contemporary integration policies of the UK. International Journal of Community Diversity, 15(3), 35-50.
Year Citation 2016 Wali Ullah, G., Rashid, M., Hassan, M. K., & Min, H. S. (2016). Reporting of Zakat and Charitable Activities in Islamic Banks: Theory and Practice in a Multi-cultural Setting. In M. K. Hassan (Ed.), Handbook of Empirical Research on Islam and Economic Life (pp. 163-192). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Received grant of BDT 80,000 for the project “Impact of Corporate Governance on the Financial Performance of Multinational Companies of Bangladesh” from CBRP Research Grant 2017 with Kazi Md. Jamshed.
- Received grant of BDT 150,000 for the project “Sustainability of a Third Generation Commercial Bank in Bangladesh: Analysis of Its Business Model” from CBRP Research Grant 2016 with Dr. Samiul Parvez Ahmed, Naheem Mahtab and Sumita Das.
Mr. Wali Ullah taught the following undergraduate courses during his time at Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB):
- Introduction to Finance (FIN 201)
- Business Finance I and II (FIN 301 and 302)
- Banking and Finance (FIN 401)
- Management of Financial Institutions (FIN 405)
- Investment Management (FIN 460)
- International Financial Management (FIN 480)
- Business Research Methods for Accounting and Finance (BUS 485)
- Introduction to International Business (INB 301)
Connect With Me