Dr David Baraglia
✓ Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD (as Co-Supervisor) — email supervisor to discuss availability.
Differential geometry, gauge theory and mathematics physics. Particularly the study of moduli spaces of geometric structures on manifolds such as:
- Higgs bundle moduli spaces and character varieties.
- Gauge theoretical moduli spaces in various dimensions, such as the moduli space of contact instantons on contact 5-manifolds and gauge theory on foliated spaces.
Mathematical physics, particularly geometric aspects of quantum field theory and string theory including:
- Generalised geometry, T-duality and twisted K-theory.
|2018||Senior Lecturer||University of Adelaide, Adelaide|
|2016||DECRA Fellow||University of Adelaide, Adelaide|
|2012 - 2017||Lecturer||University of Adelaide, Adelaide|
|2012 - 2015||Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (APD)||University of Adelaide, Adelaide|
|2011 - 2012||Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (APD)||Australian National University, Canberra|
|2010 - 2011||Research Associate||Australian National University, Canberra|
|—||University of Oxford, Oxford||United Kingdom||PhD|
|—||University of Adelaide, Adelaide||Australia||Masters by Research|
|—||University of Adelaide, Adelaide||Australia||B. Eng, Electrical and Electronic, 1st Class Honours with B. Math and Comp Sci, 1st Class Honours|
|2013||Baraglia, D. P. (2013). Introduction to Generalized Geometry and T-duality. In L. Ji, Y. -S. Poon, & S. -T. Yau (Eds.), Open Problems and Surveys of Contemporary Mathematics (pp. 45-97).|
- Associate Investigator on Marsden Fund Grant (with Principal Investigator P. Hekmati), Exploiting gauge theory and duality in geometry, $345,000 (NZD) (2017).
- Australian Research Council Discovery Project (with V. Mathai), Parametrised gauge theory and positive scalar curvature, 3 year project, $335,000 (2016).
- Australian Research Council Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) Higgs bundle moduli spaces and spectral data, 3 year project, $396,104 (2015).
- Faculty research grant, New applications of Gauge Theory to Geometry, $16,500 (2014).
- Start-up funding, $10,000 over 18 months (2012).
- Australian Research Council Australian Postdoctoral Fellowship (APD), Applications of generalised geometry to duality in quantum theory, 3 year project, $285,000 (2010).
- 2017 Algebraic Topology - honours course
- 2016 Maths IB algebra
- 2016 Introduction to Financial Mathematics I
- 2015 Maths IB calculus
- 2015 Groups and Rings III
- 2014 Maths IB linear algebra
- 2013 Algebraic Topology - honours course
- 2012 Applications of Quantitative Methods in Finance I
- 2012 Fields and Modules III
- 2011 Algebraic Topology - honours course (ANU)
- 2018 Masters student Ahnaf Tajwar Tahabub (co-supervised with V. Mathai)
- 2017 Masters student John McCarthay (co-supervised with V. Mathai)
- 2016 Summer research student Jake Miell
- 2016 Masters student Michael Hallam (co-supervised with V. Mathai)
- 2015 PhD student Zhenxi Huang (co-supervised with V. Mathai)
- 2013 Honours student Thi Quynh Trang Nguyen. Thesis: Einstein Metrics on Principal Circle Bundles
- 2011 Summer reading course for honours student - Kahler manifolds (ANU)
- 2018 Intermediate notions - graduate student seminar
- 2016 - 2015 Basic notions - graduate student seminar
- 2014 - 2015 Strings journal club - research seminar
|Date||Role||Research Topic||Program||Degree Type||Student Load||Student Name|
|2018||Co-Supervisor||Seibert-Witten Equations and Pseudo-holomorphic Curves Applied to Superconductors and Particle Physics||Master of Philosophy||Master||Full Time||Mr Ahnaf Tajwar Tahabub|
|2017||Co-Supervisor||Hitchin's Projectively Flat Connection and the Moduli Space of Higgs Bundles||Master of Philosophy||Master||Full Time||Mr John Benjamin McCarthy|
|2016||Co-Supervisor||Generalised Eta Invariants, Periodic End Manifolds and their Applications to Positive Scalar Curvature||Master of Philosophy||Master||Full Time||Mr Michael Hallam|
|2015||Co-Supervisor||Metrics and Special Kähler Geometry on the Moduli Spaces of Higgs Bundles and Hitchin Systems||Doctor of Philosophy||Doctorate||Full Time||Mr Zhenxi Huang|
|2015 - ongoing||Member||Australian Mathematical Society||Australia|
|Date||Role||Editorial Board Name||Institution||Country|
|2017 - ongoing||Editor||Journal of Geometry and Physics special issue: String geometries, dualities and topological matter||Elsevier||Netherlands|