School of Computer Science
Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Eligible to supervise Masters and PhD - email supervisor to discuss availability.
I am an Engineer at heart and work in the area of Pervasive Computing and Machine Learning with a strong appetite for multi-disciplinary research with a strong focus on looking at innovative solutions to problems we face in the area of population ageing, conservation and, cloning and counterfeiting.
Find my lab here: http://autoidlab.cs.adelaide.edu.au/
Find my my lab on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/adelaideautoidlab/
I am an Engineer at heart and work in the area of Pervasive Computing and Machine Learning with a strong appetite for multi-disciplinary research with a strong focus on looking at how my research can provide innovative solutions to problems we face in the area of population ageing, conservation and, cloning and counterfeiting.
Currently I lead a research group at the Adelaide Auto-ID Lab at the School of Computer Science.
Year Citation 2017 Doss, R., Zia, T., & Ranasinghe, D. (2017). 2ND IEEE PERCOM workshop on Security Privacy and Trust in the Internet of Things 2017 - Welcome and committeees. Poster session presented at the meeting of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, PerCom Workshops 2017.
Australian Research Council (ARC) Grants
- ARC Linkage Grant Project 2016-2018, Lead Chief Investigator with LP Koh, K Falkner, B Ostendorf, G Puddy, value: $272,000
Airborne spatial tracking to save endangered species
- ARC Discovery Project 2016-2018: Chief Investigator with Prof. C. Fumeaux, $340,000
Substrate-integrated wearable antennas for unobtrusive activity monitoring
- ARC Discovery Project 2014-2016: Lead Chief Investigator with Dr. O. Kavehei, $313,000
Foundations for Physically Unclonable nano-Security on Silicon
- ARC Discovery Project 2013-2015: Chief Investigator (CI) with Dr. M. Sheng and A/Prof. X. Li, $360,000
Learning human activities through low cost, unobtrusive RFID technology
National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Grants
- Project grant 2015-2017, Chief Investigator (CI) with Prof. R. Visvanathan, Prof. K. Hill, Dr. K. Lange and Prof. A. Wilson, $1,600,000
Effectiveness of an Ambient Intelligent Geriatric Management system (AmbIGeM) to prevent falls in older people in hospitals: the AmbIGeM stepped wedge randomised trial
Competitive Grants from Other Schemes
- Brittany Scholarships from the Government of South Australia, Department of State Development (DSD) 2018-2019: Chief Investigator with A Ma-Wyatt A, Q Shi, S Wiederman, L White, G Coppin, Y Latif, R Garg, $67,000
Human and robotic vision: from scene understanding to augmentation
- Premier's Research and Industry Fund (PRIF) Research Consortia Program from the Government of South Australia 2017-2021: Chief Investigator with S Grano, Peter Dowd, C Xu, T-FLu, N Cook, S. Al-Sarawi, A. Khalil, S Zeyad, C Shen, F Neumann, M Karakus, C Howard, M Pourhassan, W Gao, M-Y Ameca-Alducin, W Skinner, M William, M Zanin, D Lancaster, D Beattie, C Mudge, M Wagner, $14,600,000
Unlocking Complex Resources through Lean Processing
- Cooperative Research Centre Project (CRC-P), Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation & Science 2017-2020: Chief Investigator with C. Shen, N. Cook, and Y. Ngothai, $2,144,000
Intelligent vision, sensing and data fusion for mining and exploration
- The University of Adelaide Interdisciplinary Research Fund (IRF) 2017-2018: Chief Investigator with M. Breed, P. Weinstein, L. Weyrich, A. Lowe, S.
Wheeler, P. Bi, and P. O'Connor, $50,000
Establishing the University of Adelaide as a world leader in healthy environment-healthy people microbiome research
- The University of Adelaide Interdisciplinary Research Fund (IRF) 2016-2017: Chief Investigator with V. Soebarto, R Visvanathan and H. Feist, $41,984
Planning and design of public spaces to support ageing well
- G-TRAC Resthaven Grant Scheme 2015: Lead Chief Investigator $50,000
Empowering Older Citizens to Live at Home Longer Through Service and Product Innovation
- The University of Adelaide Interdisciplinary Research Fund (IRF) 2015: Chief Investigator with L. P. Koh, J. Buhl, and K. Amrouch, $20,000
Research Training on Drones for Environmental Applications
- The Hospital Research Foundation Project Grant 2012-2015: Lead Chief Investigator, $300,000
Development of an Innovative Movement-Sensor-Alarm (MSA) Intervention to Prevent Falls in Hospitals
- Premier's Research and Industry Fund (PRIF) from the Government of South Australia 2014-2018: Chief Investigator with Dr. S. Al-Sarawi, $1,178,000
Building 21st Century Fabless Semiconductor Manufacturing in South Australia
Current Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2018 Co-Supervisor Implantable Antennas Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Xiaoyang Yin 2018 Principal Supervisor Multi-sensor Data Fusion Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Fei Chen 2018 Principal Supervisor Trustworthy Machine Learning Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Bao Gia Doan 2018 Co-Supervisor Antennas for UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Baoqi Zhu 2017 Principal Supervisor Complimentary Resistive Switch Based Reconfigurable Logic Design Towards In-Memory Computing Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Yang Su 2017 Principal Supervisor Exploiting Pervasive Computing for Elderly care Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Alireza Abedin Varamin 2016 Co-Supervisor Ultra Wideband Flexible Antennas for Microwave Imaging Applications Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Seyedali Malakooti 2016 Principal Supervisor Spatial Tracking Algorithms Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Hoa Van Nguyen
Past Higher Degree by Research Supervision (University of Adelaide)
Date Role Research Topic Program Degree Type Student Load Student Name 2016 - 2017 Co-Supervisor Flexible, Wearable and Reconfigurable Antennas Based on Novel Conductive Materials: Graphene, Polymers and Textiles Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Dr Shengjian Chen 2015 - 2017 Co-Supervisor Ambulatory Monitoring using Passive RFID Technology Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Asanga Wickramasinghe 2015 - 2017 Co-Supervisor Analytical Modeling of Electric-based Microgenerators under Sinusoidal Vibrations Master of Philosophy Master Full Time Mr Cuong Cao Nguyen 2015 - 2018 Co-Supervisor Adaptive Markov Random Fields for Structured Compressive Sensing Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Miss Suwichaya Suwanwimolkul 2014 - 2018 Co-Supervisor Magnetic Current Inspired Antennas for Wearable Applications Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Sree Pramod Pinapati 2014 - 2017 Co-Supervisor Physical Unclonable Functions Based on Silicon and Nano Elements: Designs, Analyses and Applications Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Yansong Gao 2014 - 2017 Co-Supervisor Towards Technologies for Promoting Nutritional Health in Older People with Dementia Living in their Own Home Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Dr Asangi Jayatilaka 2012 - 2015 Co-Supervisor Managing Uncertainty in RFID Based Tracking Applications Master of Philosophy Master Full Time Mrs Rengamathi Sankarkumar 2012 - 2018 Co-Supervisor Preventing Falls in Hospitals with Body Worn Batteryless Sensor Enabled RFID Doctor of Philosophy Doctorate Full Time Mr Roberto Luis Shinmoto Torres
Connect With Me