Higher Degree by Research Candidate
Adelaide Medical School
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
My long-cherished desire is to dedicate myself to breast cancer research especially to discover new ‘risk and prevention strategies. Working in the cancer field for long seven years I felt deeply there are many obscured risks of breast cancer available that I should bring come to light to invent newer prevention strategies and minimize the risks. Basically, I am working in the research field for the last ten years. Until 2013 I worked as a general surgeon in Bangladesh. Thereafter, I made my career in surgical oncology and relevant epidemiology. My special interest was breast cancer surgery. I have several publications in home and abroad. My last work was published in EJSO. In my career, I performed several independent types of research that urged me to explore the unidentified area of this field. After successful completion, I hope to do a Postdoc on the more precise objective. My future goal is to dedicate myself to breast cancer research and the academic field.
Originally, I am from Chattogram, Bangladesh, and completed my graduation (MBBS) from Chittagong Medical College under the University of Chittagong. I completed my specialist degree FCPS from Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons. Thereafter, I completed Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) from India. Later, I have been awarded MPH degree from the Independent University of Bangladesh (IUB). After coming to Australia in 2020 I completed one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management from the University of South Australia. In 2021, I have been awarded the Full Fee Scholarship by the University of Adelaide for pursuing my Ph.D. Degree under distinguished Researcher Associate Professor Dr. Ingman at Basil Hetzel Institute (BHI), The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH).
- My Research
- Grants and Funding
- Professional Activities
As a specialist surgeon in Bangladesh, I had done several pieces of research on different surgical issues. But my favorite field of research is Breast cancer diagnostic and therapeutics. I have several publications in this field as well as different conference papers in the distinguished conferences in home and abroad.
Date Position Institution name 2022 - 2022 Part time lecturer/demonstrator The University of Adelaide 2021 - ongoing PhD Research Student University of Adelaide
Awards and Achievements
Date Type Title Institution Name Country Amount 2023 Research Award Robinson Research Institute Career Development Award Robinson Research Institute Australia $1000 2022 Achievement The Hospital Research Foundation Travel and Conference Grant Information on Mammographic Density (InforMD) Australia $750 2022 Scholarship 2022 THRF/FHMS The University of Adelaide Research Scholarship The Hospital Research Foundation/ The University of Adelaide Australia $2900 approx. p.a. 2021 Achievement Best Speaker in Clinical Category South Australian Breast Cancer Study Group Australia 500 AUD
Language Competency Bengali Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review English Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review Hindi Can write, speak and understand spoken
Date Institution name Country Title Chittagong Medical College Bangladesh MBBS Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons Bangladesh FCPS (Surgery) Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India India FMAS National Cancer Institute Thailand Diploma in Breast Cancer Surgery Independent University of Bangladesh Bangladesh Master in Public Health University of South Australia Australia PGDip (Health Service Management)
Date Title Institution Country 2013 - 2018 Surgical oncology training National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital Bangladesh 2012 - 2012 Course Student Banga Bandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University Bangladesh 2010 - 2011 Surgical Training Chittagong Medical College Bangladesh 2009 - 2010 Surgical Training Chittagong Medical College Bangladesh
Date Title Institution name Country — HINARI and Literature review, Methodology, Scientific writing Bangladesh Medical Research Council (BMRC) Bangladesh — Advance IT skills Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons (BCPS) Bangladesh — Basic surgical skills Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons (BCPS) Bangladesh — SPSS Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons (BCPS) Bangladesh — Advanced statistics Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) Bangladesh
Year Citation 2020 Bhattacharjee, A. (2020). Comparison of Early Postoperative Outcome between Breast Conservative Surgery and Modified Radical Mastectomy: Bangladesh Perspective. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, 46(2), e35-e36.
2019 Akhter, N., Sultana, Z., & Bhattacharjee, A. (2019). Genitourinary Fistula: A Curse to Neglected Pregnancy.. Mymensingh medical journal : MMJ, 28(1), 206-213. 2018 Bhattacharjee, A., Hossain, A. F. M. A., Yeasmin, S., & Akter, T. (2018). Incidence, Epidemiology and Clinico-Pathological Status of Different Molecular Subtypes of Breast Cancer in NICRH, Dhaka. Delta Medical College Journal, 6(1), 9-17.
- Bhattacharjee, A., Rassell, M., Hasan, M. N., & Debnath, B. C. (n.d.). Abdominal wall metastasis of carcinoma breast : a case report. Bangladesh Medical Journal, 44(3), 172-174.
- Rahman, M. Z., Islam, J., Hasanuzzaman, M., Habib, A., & Bhattachari, A. (n.d.). Incidence of Negative Appendicectomy: Correlation Between Clinical, Peroperative and Histopathological Findings. Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletin, 42(3), 142-146.
- Bhattacharjee, D. A., Ashrafuzzaman, D. M., & Rahman., D. M. M. (n.d.). FOURNIER’S GANGRENE : APPROACHES TO DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF BANGLADESHI PATIENTS.. International Journal of Advanced Research, 4(12), 2055-2064.
- Bhattacharjee, A., & Hossain, N. (n.d.). A 60-Year-Old Man with Cerebral Metastasis of Malignant Melanoma of Left Sole. Journal of Enam Medical College, 6(1), 51-54.
- Razzaque, M. A., Bhattacharjee, A., Bhattacharjee, U., Bhuiyan, M. A. E., Hasan, R., Ahmed, R., . . . Shakil, M. T. (n.d.). Frequency and Pattern of Malignant Lesions of Skin. KYAMC Journal, 7(1), 700-706.
- Rahman, F., & Bhattacharjee, A. (n.d.). Awareness Level of Cervical Cancer among Rural Women Attending Manikgonj 250-Bedded District Hospital, Manikgonj. Journal of Enam Medical College, 9(1), 34-40.
- Ashrafuzzaman, M., & Bhattacharjee, A. (n.d.). Postoperative complications of inguinal hernia surgery. Bangladesh Medical Journal, 47(1), 22-27.
- Sarker, M. A. K., Amin, M. A. A., Lslam, M. J., Nuruzzaman, A. K. M., & Bhattacharjee, A. (n.d.). Dence of Postoperatve Deep Vein Thrombosis:A Study of 150 Cases. Journal of Surgical Sciences, 20(2), 42-45.
- Ashrafuzzaman, M., Bhattacharjee, A., & Rahman, M. (n.d.). Fourniers Gangrene: Approaches to the Diagnosis and Treatment. Delta Medical College Journal, 5(2), 68-75.
- Rahman, M. S., Akhter, P. S., Hasanuzzaman, M., Rahman, J., Bhattacharjee, A., Rassell, M., . . . Huq, A. U. (n.d.). Outcome of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer: A tertiary care center experience. Bangladesh Medical Journal, 45(3), 141-146.
I have been allocated grant from the medical faculty of Bangladesh University of Professionals for my project 'Determination of molecular subtypes of breast cancer of Bangladeshi patients and their clinicopathological subtypes'
- Tutor, Department of Anatomy, Adelaide Medical School, University of Adelaide, South Australia.
- Mentored as the clinical instructor of MBBS students in Surgery and Orthopaedics wards of Chittagong Medical College.
- Teaching activities with the post-graduate students of Surgical Oncology of National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital under Banga Bandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University.
- My book 'Bhattacharya's Royal Concept of Success' is very popular as the reference book of surgery among the postgraduate students of Bangladesh.
Other Supervision Activities
Date Role Research Topic Location Program Supervision Type Student Load Student Name 2018 - 2019 Principal Supervisor Awareness of dental hygiene Independent University of Bangladesh MPH Master Full Time Farhana habib 2018 - 2018 Principal Supervisor Awareness and Practices of Oral Hygiene among Patients Attending OPD at Saphena Women’s Dental College and Hospital, Dhaka Independent university of Bangladesh MPH Master Part Time Dr. Umme Obaida Mosammat Farhatunnessa
Date Topic Location Name 2022 - 2022 Nursing CQ University Saad 2021 - 2021 Renal Physiology, Reproductive Physiology, Kinetics of lower limb Podiatry, The University of South Australia Tapiwa Makusha 2021 - 2021 Neuroanatomy, Hepatobiliary clinical anatomy Adelaide Medical School MBBS Scientific Basis of Medicine III (Semester 2, Week 8)
Date Role Committee Institution Country 2022 - 2024 Representative Early and Mid Career Research Council (EMCR) of RRI Robinson Research Institute Australia 2022 - 2023 President Executive Committee Health Sciences Postgraduate Association Australia 2017 - 2019 Member CPD Committee Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons Bangladesh 2017 - 2018 Member Executive Committee Society of Surgeons of Bangladesh Bangladesh
Date Title Engagement Type Institution Country 2021 - 2021 Retail assistant Public Community Engagement Red Cross Australia Australia 2020 - 2020 Executive Administrative Assistant Public Community Engagement Red Cross Australia Australia 1997 - 2003 Member and active Blood Donor Public Community Engagement Shandhani Bangladesh Bangladesh
Date Topic Presented at Institution Country 2022 - 2022 Assessing Women's Knowledge about Breast Density Department of the breast/endocrine surgery of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Australia 2022 - 2022 Assessing Women's Knowledge about Breast density Robinson Research Institute Symposium at the National Wine Center Robinson Research Institute Australia 2022 - 2022 Do you know: Density determines destiny? 3MT competition of the Faculty of Medical and Health Science of The University of Adelaide The University of Adelaide Australia 2021 - 2021 Breast Density: Optimisation of Communication and Clinical Care BHI Basil Hetzel institute Australia 2021 - 2021 Breast density: Optimisation of Communication and Clinical Care Florey's Post Graduate Research Conference The University of Adelaide Australia 2019 - ongoing Comparison of early post operative outcome of MRM and BCS : perspective Bangladesh. European Society of Surgical Oncology Conference in 2020 European Society of Surgical Oncology in Rotterdam Netherlands 2017 - ongoing Inguinodynia: A Curse to Inguinal Hernia Surgery. Conference on Asia-Pacific Hernia Society in 2017 Asia Pacific Hernia Society Khaouseang, Taiwan, Province of China
Connect With Me