Dr Atma Ivancevic
Atma Ivancevic is a postdoctoral researcher at the Adelaide Medical School, Neurogenetics Research Program. Her background includes an undergraduate degree in mathematics, recently conferred PhD in bioinformatics (awarded a University Doctoral Research Medal and Dean's Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence), and several attempts at freelance science writing. Her current project in the Gecz lab (@GeczSquadGoals) involves designing and optimizing pipelines to identify the genetic causes of intellectual disabilities, particularly epilepsy and cerebral palsy.
- Evaluation and optimisation of current variant calling pipelines for identification of disease genes in intellectual disabilities.
- Development of new bioinformatics pipelines for neurogenetics analysis, particularly in the areas of proteomics and structural variation (e.g. mobile element insertions).
- Development of alternative population genetics approaches for inferring ancestry and species relationships.
- The evolution and long-term impact of mobile element horizontal transfer in eukaryotic species (PhD).
- The role of VvPEN1 and VvMLO in powdery mildew resistance in grapevine (RA).
|2017 - 2017||Postdoctoral Research Fellow||The University of Adelaide|
|2016 - 2016||Practical Demonstrator for 3rd Year Genetics||The University of Adelaide|
|2012 - 2012||Research Assistant||Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)|
|2011 - 2011||Summer Scholar||Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)|
|2010 - 2011||Summer Scholar||Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics (ACPFG)|
|2017||Honour||Dean's Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence||The University of Adelaide||Australia||—|
|English||Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review|
|Serbian||Can read, speak and understand spoken|
|2013 - 2016||The University of Adelaide||Australia||PhD in Bioinformatics|
|2010 - 2012||The University of Adelaide||Australia||Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences|
|2015||Adelson, D., Buckley, R., Ivancevic, A., Qu, Z., & Zeng, L. (2015). Retrotransposons: Genomic and trans-genomic agents of change. In Unknown Conference (pp. 55-75).
- Practical Demonstrator for GENETICS 3111 (Undergraduate, 3rd Year, School of Biological Sciences, University of Adelaide, 2016 Sem 1)