Dr Atma Ivancevic
Atma Ivancevic is a postdoctoral researcher at the Adelaide Medical School, Neurogenetics Research Program. Her background includes an undergraduate degree in mathematics, recently conferred PhD in bioinformatics (awarded the Dean's Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence), and several attempts at freelance science writing. Her current project in the Gecz lab (@GeczSquadGoals) involves designing and optimizing pipelines to identify the genetic causes of intellectual disabilities, particularly epilepsy and cerebral palsy.
- Evaluation and optimisation of current variant calling pipelines for identification of disease genes in intellectual disabilities.
- Development of new bioinformatics pipelines for neurogenetics analysis, particularly in the areas of proteomics and structural variation (e.g. mobile element insertions).
- Development of alternative population genetics approaches for inferring ancestry and species relationships.
- The evolution and long-term impact of mobile element horizontal transfer in eukaryotic species (PhD).
- The role of VvPEN1 and VvMLO in powdery mildew resistance in grapevine (RA).
|2017 - 2017||Postdoctoral Research Fellow||The University of Adelaide|
|2016 - 2016||Practical Demonstrator for 3rd Year Genetics||The University of Adelaide|
|2012 - 2012||Research Assistant||Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)|
|2011 - 2011||Summer Scholar||Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)|
|2010 - 2011||Summer Scholar||Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics (ACPFG)|
|2017||Dean's Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence||The University of Adelaide|
|English||Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review|
|Serbian||Can read, speak and understand spoken|
|2013 - 2016||The University of Adelaide||Australia||PhD in Bioinformatics|
|2010 - 2012||The University of Adelaide||Australia||Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences|
|2016||Ivancevic,AM, Kortschak,RD, Bertozzi,T, Adelson,DL, 2016, LINEs between Species: Evolutionary Dynamics of LINE-1 Retrotransposons across the Eukaryotic Tree of Life, GENOME BIOLOGY AND EVOLUTION, 8, 11, 3301-3322 10.1093/gbe/evw243|
|2013||Ivancevic,A, Walsh,A, Kortschak,R, Adelson,D, 2013, Jumping the fine LINE between species: Horizontal transfer of transposable elements in animals catalyses genome evolution, Bioessays, 35, 12, 1071-1082 10.1002/bies.201300072|
|2013||Feechan,A, Jermakow,A, Ivancevic,A, Godfrey,D, Pak,H, Panstruga,R, Dry,I, 2013, Host cell entry of powdery mildew is correlated with endosomal transport of antagonistically acting VvPEN1 and VvMLO to the papilla, Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions, 26, 10, 1138-1150 10.1094/mpmi-04-13-0091-r|
|2015||Adelson,D, Buckley,R, Ivancevic,A, Qu,Z, Zeng,L, 2015, Retrotransposons: Genomic and trans-genomic agents of change 10.1007/978-3-319-19932-0_4|
- Practical Demonstrator for GENETICS 3111 (Undergraduate, 3rd Year, School of Biological Sciences, University of Adelaide, 2016 Sem 1)
- Helped supervise two Honours students in the Adelson lab (School of Biological Sciences, University of Adelaide, 2016)
|2016 - 2017||Member||Australian Bioinformatics And Computational Biology Society (ABACBS) 2017 Organising Committee||The University of Adelaide||Australia|